Truth #7: Feelings

3:51 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
It is a truth universally acknowledged that what you feel is not under your control.

I need love.  I'm easily perturbed, easily scorned, easily frazzled.  And by needing love, I mean, that I need constant help to feel good about myself and feel like a valid person.  These feelings pop up quickly and without any rational cause usually.  I just know, that I cannot help what I feel.

There is a huge difference between feeling something and acting on that something.  Being irrational when your emotions get the best of you always comes back to make you feel worse, to make you feel like a slave to these feelings you cannot help.

This is a short post, but I do not feel like extrapolating much and I think it adds to not giving into your feelings.

This was more of a validation of my feelings than advice or musings for everyone.  But I think sometimes we all need a little reminder that it is okay to feel upset, it is okay not to have a reason, and it is okay to just feel badly and cry a little.

It's okay.

"Well, my comfort is, I am sure Jane will die of a broken heart, and then he will be sorry for what he has done."
Mrs. Bennet

0 comments: