Truth #8: Let it Be

2:10 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
It is a truth universally acknowledged that it is okay to let some things go and accept the end.

I no longer believe that there are only good in the people of the world.  I believe in the bad as well.  I believe that they can cut you like a knife and rip your heart out and stamp on it, and feel good about it all the while.  I accept that I am not alone, but I am also not the only kind of person in the world. There are those who are unlike me and do not think the best of others or treat them as they would like to be treated.

This sucks, but such is life.

I also believe that I am now a stronger person for realizing this, with the help of many.

On a different note...

I will never have to compete against rhinestone crotches ever again.  I accept this, I embrace this, I love this, and I believe that my life will be the happier for it.  I can be the concert dancer, the artist, the mover that I want to be and will not have to the enter the world where I watch myself and my family feel bad about who they are and stand on the brink of selling out to win or standing strong in our convictions.  I accept that my studio taught me everything they had to offer and I accept that I am now done and will move on completely, unless, of course, they are willing to give me a job and let me impart all of the knowledge I have on the younger part of my family.  I accept that I will miss them, but I will try and see them as often as possible.

I accept that I am growing up.  And I accept that I am not particularly enjoying it.

"Every disposition of the ground was good; and she looked on the whole scene, the river, the trees scattered on its banks, and the winding of the valley, as far as she could trace it" -Jane Austen

1 comments:

Katie Sue said...

Wise thoughts my dear. Difficult but wise thoughts. I'm sorry that the evil of the world made itself so apparent to you, but that is why Christ came, to redeem that evil. Your realization makes the Son's sacrifice all the more real to you. Growing up isn't always pleasant but it is often more enlightening to who our God is.